I went online to get quotes for health insurance.Golden Rule was cheapest at 121.13 for nonsmokers and 156.39 for smokers.

I smoke about 6-8 cigarettes a day, and had no problem paying the 35.00 difference. Imagine my surprise when I got my policy and my quoted rate has increased to 199.21 because I am a smoker!! The 35.00 difference turned into a 78.00 difference. I have no preexisting conditions and take no medications, and was told on the phone that the increase was because I am a smoker.

How can a company quote a rate for being a smoker, when they know *** well they are going to charge more.

I could understand it if I was a heavy smoker, but I'm not.Unfortunately, the competition charges the same or a little more, so I am probably stuck with this policy.

Had an Experience with Golden Rule Insurance?

Comments

It is all done during an underwriting process where they go through your medical records. Most people do not understand the process or think that conditions that cause an increase are not serious but can cost insurance companies a lot of money with claims.

Screwed over by T-Mobile's Assurant cell phone insurance!  Assurant "I purchased a Note 7 phone through T-Mobile in September of 2016 as well as an insurance policy through Assurant for the phone. The phone was stolen in November of..." Read more Hole In One International - YES THEY ARE The Worst See my story of going banckrupt dealing with them Hole In One International "I worked with a few different companies in the sports industry then these jokers at Hole in One International Odds on Promotions came around when I was a bit..." Read more Gerber Life Insurance - Unable to close unwanted Gerber Life Grow-Up Plan Gerber Life Insurance "So we saw a commercial for the Gerber Life Grow-Up plan and started filling out an online application. While I was filling out the application, I did some additional research..." Read more Farmers Insurance Group - "Do the right thing!" Farmers Insurance Group "I deal with all insurance carriers and farmers is one of the worst. I am a roofing contractor in Colorado and have 2 clients one husband & wife 40 +..." Read more Window World - Salesman incompetent and installers just as bad!! Window World "Had Window World of Rockford out to my home to discuss windows. Told the salesman that I extensively researched and knew exactly what I wanted. Handed him the piece of..." Read more Northern Tool And Equipment - Brand New Generator Caught Fire Due to Gas Leak Northern Tool And Equipment "Whatever you do DO NOT BUY A GENERATOR from this company. Last week my brand new $1800 13000 watt generator blew up and caused my house to catch fire. The..." Read more Little Caesars - Liars Little Caesars "My husband and i just went through the little caesars on Reynolds Road in Bryant. We ordered one order of crazy bread extra butter and Parmesan and a deep dish..." Read more Poor customer service and lacking honesty in sales by Kissvivi Kissvivi "I purchased $195+ USD of Tee Tops from Kissvivi. First issue was "Buy 2, Get 3rd free." I was refunded some of that money. So I still paid $153+ USD...." Read more